Nothing says summer more than beach and fun in the sun, but while we’re enjoying the warmer months, we need to stay on top of protecting our skin. Sun exposure can cause wrinkles, age spots and in some cases, even lead to skin cancer so it’s important to sensibly manage your sun exposure on a daily basis. Keep your skin protected to limit sun damage from UVA and UVB rays.
· Apply sunscreen 15 minutes before you head outside. Don’t forget places like the tops of your ears, nose, eyelids, lips, back, hands, feet, shoulders and backs of thighs. Be sure to reapply your sunscreen or a lotion with SPF every 2 hour or more frequently, and if you’re swimming at the pool or beach make sure to use a water resistant, broad spectrum sunscreen.
· Wear sun protective clothing – Did you know fabrics have an ultraviolet protection factor (UPF) rating that measures their level of UV protection? These fabrics provide more protection than other clothing due to the tighter woven fabric. Look for clothing with a UPF rating of 30 or higher.
· Wear sunglasses to help protect eyes and sensitive skin around them from ultraviolet light
· Wear a hat – A wide-brimmed hat can shield your skin from the sun’s harsh rays.
· Use Daily lightweight moisturizers that have SPF to protect skin even on cloudy days - Eucerin Daily Protection Lotions are lightweight SPF moisturizers that provide head-to-toe sun protection. SPF 15 Body Lotion helps protect against daily UV exposure while SPF 30 Face Lotion moisturizes and protects with UVA/UVB sunscreens.
· Stay inside or seek shade when the sun’s rays are the strongest – between 10 a.m. and 2 p.m. A beach umbrella or portable shelter can help protect your skin from the heat and sun’s rays.
So are you ready to enter and win an awesome prize pack? Not only will you be winning the Daily Protection Moisturizer for the face and body, but a floppy hat to protect against those rays (and to compliment your summer dresses and beach wear) and a little money as well! Enter NOW!